Window & Door Installer
Location: Roselle, IL
Company: Woodland Windows & Doors Inc.
Woodland Windows & Doors, Inc. is looking for people who want to make a career in window and door installation. Our full-time installers are all Woodland employees who benefit from years of working together as teams, always improving our installation processes and building skills with ongoing manufacturer training. In fact, our installation team is the backbone of our business as professionals in the field and emissaries with our customers – just read our customer reviews praising our installers! We’re looking for both experienced window and door installers or people with carpentry, remodeling or building experience who want to learn and master a new profession. If you’re looking for a career in window and door installation and want to join a seasoned team of professionals, you’re in the right place.
Woodland has over 50 years of experience providing quality replacements and installation services for residential and multi-family buildings. We provide new and replacement windows and doors to contractor and commercial projects in the Chicago area. Our state-of-the-art showroom in Roselle features some of the best and most well-known brands in the industry. We have a knowledgeable sales people, a supportive office team, dependable warehouse staff and a friendly crew of 20 full-time installers. Our third-generation family owned business thrives because of our people, long term manufacturer relations and our commitment to giving our customers the best experience. Voted The Daily Herald Readers’ Choice: Best of the Best for Window and Door Installation for 2020!
Installers set up the work site, follow Woodland’s routine process for window or door removal and installation, which includes rough and finish work, work site tear down and clean-up of the entire project.
- Prepares job site set up and follows standard window removal routines.
- Prepares window or door opening by following carpentry procedures building framework and trim using a rule and framing square.
- Follows Woodland protocols to repair and construct the opening using specific flashing, drip cap, insulation and other necessary techniques using carpenter’s hand tools, power tools, and woodworking machinery. Verifies opening is level and square.
- Sets the window or door using standard manufacturer recommended installation techniques including using sealants, proper gaps, proper fasteners, applies trim and caulking.
- Maintains continuity among carpentry work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and open items.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Ensures operation of equipment by preventative maintenance, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Complies with Federal OSHA Regulations, state, and local building codes by adhering to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Projects professionalism and respect for the customer, their home and property and pro-actively communicates with homeowner as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Window installation, remodeling, siding or carpentry experience.
- Caulking experience.
- High attention to detail, exact execution and follow-up communications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, work at heights, on ladders and scaffolds.
- Self-motivated, problem solver, ability to multi-task and can work in a team environment.
- Customer service skills.
- Competitive wages based on experience.
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life/disability
- Employee assistance program
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Woodland Windows & Doors is a drug free environment.
There are Multiple Ways to Apply
Woodland Windows & Doors
Attn: Human Resources
25w355 Lake Street
Roselle IL 60172